At Guardian Mid-South we know COVID-19 is impacting the customers we serve every day. Guardian Mid-South is and will continue to be open for business and is committed to being there for you through this entire process. You can continue to count on us to for your scheduled med deliveries, as well as our 24/7 pharmacy support.
The health and safety of the patients we serve remains a top priority. We are monitoring the evolving COVID-19 outbreak, and adjusting our procedures using guidelines and protocols set forth by CDC, WHO, and other governmental agencies. We will continue to inform you of all the steps we are taking to help ensure the safety of our employees and customers.
As an update, below are a few key areas with recent changes related to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Delivery: All delivery personnel will restrict contact/interaction to the extent possible with employees and residents of customer communities. All medications are being delivered to one designated area as requested by facility management. In addition, daily deliveries and weekly cycles are being placed in disposable bags vs totes as much as possible to help reduce the risk of transporting totes back and forth between the community and the pharmacy.
- Returns: We are asking for limited returns to the pharmacy until further notice. All communities should have RETURN TO PHARMACY totes. Please instruct staff to place all return items in this tote. Should the tote become full please contact the pharmacy for pick up. All totes transported between the pharmacy and the community will be placed in a designated quarantine location upon return to the pharmacy to be sanitized prior to use.
- Safety: Measures are being taken within the pharmacy to protect our employees from exposure to COVID-19. These include but are not limited to:
- Cleaning multiple times throughout the day
- Practicing social distancing in work and common spaces
- Performing health surveys and temperature checks for all employees upon arrival to work
- Utilizing work from home opportunities where possible
- Reducing driver contact by utilizing curbside or front-door delivery
- On-Site Visits: GMS Account Managers, Nurse Educators and Consultant Pharmacists shall restrict in person contact with employees and patients in order to limit medically unnecessary visits into your facility. This will include restricting any injections (flu, pneumonia, etc.) administered by Guardian Mid-South, as well as additional services such as med cart or med pass audits. Be assured you will continue to have access to these members of our support team. Please feel free to reach out to them should you need anything or have any additional questions regarding pharmacy procedures related to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Guardian Pharmacy is committed to be your partner throughout this time. As always, we will continue to make decisions based on our core values of customer service, teamwork and honesty. Together, we will overcome this and be stronger.